John 3:16;
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Calvin and Hobbes

Calvin and Hobbes
Soooooooo funny! I feel this way sometimes

<--------------------------------------***!!!!!THE POSTS!!!!!***-------------------------------->

what it says up there^

Friday, August 22, 2008

New Uniforms

* This is mainly a "guy" post. No offence Bonnie, Charity, Bonnie's mom, or Marina*

Ok. I know that most (and by most I mean all) of the guys who read my blog are Boy Scouts. And you've probably heard about the new uniforms. BSA (Boy Scouts of America) says that they're functional and things like that. Well I for one agree that they are functional, but protest them for several reasons:

1. The uniform is not the usual fabric. It's either cotton/polyester or nylon depending on what you choose. Also, there is a pocket on the left sleeve. What can you even use that for? And lastly, it looks like just an outdoors shirt. It's taking away the pride and honor of our uniforms.














2. The belt is no longer "brassy" and is so dark that it blends right in with the pants. Also, because it is no longer "shiny" I do not think it is as pride inspiring as the brass belt.













3. The epaulets are a forest green, no longer the red color I believe they should be. Ever sense I was in Cub Scouts I looked up to the boy scouts in thier nice, khaki uniforms, with red epaulets and green pants. Changing the color is just wrong even if it is the hundredth anniversary.







4. The socks are now green or grey hiking socks. No longer are the socks different from what normal people wear. We need to be separate and not look like normal people, because Boy Scouts should not be normal.










5. The hat is now a forest green ball cap. I have no objection to this because this is the only part I like. The Troop number patches are also a green and tan mix, witch, I think, is better red.












6. The pants are now ONLY convertible into shorts. No longer do we have the pride of wearing pants that don't look like something a normal person would wear, now we have to look like everyone else.
TAG!! You're it! All my guy readers, I'm tagging you to post what you think about the uniforms.
~Will

5 comments:

Sam Wick said...

I totally agree! Death to new uniforms!!!! AAAGH!!!! Burnthem by flicking matches!!!! A ha ha ha!!!!

Hannah Banana said...

...wow...dude...wow.

Guess what. My vb jersey # is 3!!!!!! *cough*

Ok, anyway, that's very interesting, Will. Great to see you have such strong opinions...?

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

ya know la whole point dat they were red in la first place is so a Boyscout could easily be found in the Wilderness if he was lost. What are we trying to do ear Be invisible by the leaves?

I mean really!

ya know dat also la people who do the Uniforms are getting extra money because people are getting la new uniforms.

Marina said...

Betcha that's why! The money! And they don't have to wear them or get lost! Though the tan kinda gives it away.

~Thē Sĭl'ū-ĕt' 該剪影 said...

Yo Will I will....Will I will..... WIll I will.....

Oops sorry.... I will ad a part in the Audio post about it. dat will be my response to yer post k!

All pictures that are edited were done by Rob W. Oakley using Photoshop.

Will Robin

Will Robin
Done by Rob W. Oakley

Baladon the Cerulean

Baladon the Cerulean
My dragon (and I'm on its back)

I am Peter

I am Aragorn

You are most like Aragorn. You have strong convictions and you stick to them. Although you are more of a recluse, you are extremely loyal to the few friends that you have. You are very serious about things, but you like having fun. Fame and fortune mean little to you, and you aren't concerned with being popular. Good for you!

What LoTR Character Are You?

I am Inigo Montoya

Top Seven Things to do at Walt Disney World

The Chronicles of Narnia

The Chronicles of Narnia
By C.S. Lewis